GoGoose Safety Protocols for COVID-19
- When outside of your house use, always wear a mask or at least a clean piece of cloth over your mouth.
- If possible, wear glasses (sunglasses are a good option if you don’t wear normal glasses)
- Refrain from touching your face. Wearing a mask will help a lot
- When sneezing or coughing do so into your creased elbow. Never your hands.
- Don’t over apply hand sanitizers, they will dry out your skin and can cause soreness/open wounds. Open wounds make it easier to get infected.
- Don’t touch things that you don’t need to touch.
- Wear gloves and don’t forget to regularly apply sanitizers to them.
- Wearing gloves will help remind you to not touch anything unnecessarily.
- When coming home, take your time washing your hands. Don’t forget your fingernails.
When You Receive a Delivery as a customer
- Tell the delivery person to leave the bag with deliveries on the ground and let him step back before approaching and retrieving it.
- Pick up the bags/boxes on the sides, where it was less likely to have been touched and carry it into your house.
- Have a staging area for deliveries in your house.
- Properly open and clean items before putting them away and discard the transport items (bags, boxes, etc…).
- If using a reusable bag, put it in the clothes washer.
- Immediately discard the bags in a safe container, preferably a garbage can with a closing lid.
- If you have to pay them in cash, do so by placing the money on the ground in a plastic bag with something heavy on top in case of wind. Then step back 2 meters and let them pick it up.
- Try to pay in exact change.
- If you do not have exact change, coordinate with the delivery person before the delivery so they can have the correct change for you.
- Wipe off the products with alcohol and wash your hands when you are finished handling un-sanitized products.
When we Shop or Pick-up something for someone else
- We sanitize our gloved hands before touching any products within a store.
- We confirm all items with the customer by sending them a photo (if neccessary), ESPECIALLY if it is of medical pick-up.
- At checkout, we ask for disposable bags that our client can trash after receiving the products, or we buy the reusable bags.
- We try to not unnecessarily touch the products or the bags.
- We transport the bags in a safe area of our vehicles. Preferably, we put them in the trunk, or at a minimum, we put the items behind us in order to mitigate contaminating anything with our breath going forward.
- After ringing or knocking at the door, we leave the bag on the ground and take some steps back to a minimum of 2 meters.
- If we are receiving cash we ask the customer to leave it on the ground in a plastic sandwich bag and step back 2 meters.
- We leave your change there in a plastic bag as well, if you want.
- If windy put a rock on top so that it won’t blow it away.
- Both parties should sanitize our hands after exchanging money.
- To protect your hands from too much sanitizing, wear gloves or have a bag ready where people can drop in the money so that you don’t need to touch it